View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 03:08 AM   #78
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

Quote:
Originally Posted by coborn35 View Post
Easily one of the dumbest statements I have heard in awhile. Its not a bad shot. Its pretty sharp, and fine lighting. Im not saying it should get it on, but not a "bad" shot.
Its also nowhere near a roster shot, and telling anyone to stop taking roster is just stupid. You may be one of those people who is more a photographer than someone who like trains, but to those who actually like trains or model them, roster shots are an invaluable tool and we honestly need more of them.
Agreed with Max. I wouldn't expect a comment like that out of Ben, perhaps he is just trying to fit in with the regulars? Joking aside, roster shots and wedges are okay in my book, especially for a site like RP, but I do encourage the more creative side. That's just me.. Both are perfecty acceptable for RP.

It all comes back to the audience of RP.. The railfan and the photographer and which material they prefer to see.. A novice to RP like Ben shouldn't be commenting and telling others to stop shooting what RP finds perfectly acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
Speaking of sensitive...what happened to Troy??
Maybe he is back to gambling away his pay check in Vegas?
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Chase55671 is offline   Reply With Quote