View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 05:06 PM   #24
bigiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
After reading the update, I still get the impression that although the film crew "had permission to be on the property", they likely didn't have permission to be on the tracks or the bridge, and likely didn't brief the railroad on the details of what they were intending to do. If they had, the railroad never would have allowed ANYTHING to actually be on the track.

It is amazing to me how some people blunder through life, never looking at the details or considering the what-ifs.....and then they'll cry "how could this happen to me?" when something awful transpires. Funny, those people will be the first to look for someone with deep pockets to blame when their own stupidity finally catches up with them.

I agree with your thoughts and I will add that my thought is since they did get permission to be on the paper mill property and since the tracks were on that property that was a possible twisted way of thinking we can go on the tracks. It still doesn't excuse the stupidity of knowing it was an active RR line and bringing a bed and crew onto the trestle to film! As we've seen time and time again, "common sense" is a thing on the past in many ways and the below link just shows how one person a couple of days ago was lucky to walk away after a blunder move.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/car-collide...bster/24580182

Tragic as it is, it will happen again just like the texting and driving epidemic now and the accidents/deaths resulting in it. As a society we need to smarten up!

Rich
bigiron is offline   Reply With Quote