View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 06:54 PM   #21
Grewup on the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decapod401 View Post
I'm in that camp - although I would consider myself more of a "capture and document it" person.

Indeed they will be. When I was shooting much more in the '70's and '80's, not many people other than my friends saw my stuff. Now, thirty years later, I've looked at my shelves of slides to realize that others may have an appreciation for the history that they represent. There are so many things that are now long gone, and are history. Some photos from one favorite example, the Pittsburg & Shawmut:

Image © Doug Lilly
PhotoID: 580994
Photograph © Doug Lilly

Image © Doug Lilly
PhotoID: 606688
Photograph © Doug Lilly

Image © Doug Lilly
PhotoID: 629434
Photograph © Doug Lilly

The line is now railbanked, and will likely never see rails again. The mine at Dora is gone with no trace. I hope the day comes when your "history" sees the light of day.
Doug,
Its people like yourself that was out there getting the shots, then it was as it it is now, just everyday stuff, recording history for today. As a kid, so much RR stuff was right in front of me but was it was the now and I took it for granted. Today and everyday I'm constantly searching for the past and trying to record and document what I dont have readily at my finger tips. I have tons of current stuff and I'm recording history in the making and one day someone will appreciate my now, then...
Doug, and others like Doug who have plowed the roads before "yester year" please keep sharing or start sharing the days of long along, regardless of picture quality, (for those who want to make that argument as technology was not then what it is now) people like me will appreciate it more than you will ever know.
Grewup on the CW is offline   Reply With Quote