View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 04:04 PM   #9
kszok

Kyle started off with a stellar series. Love Toms wonderful series.

I don't play much on this forum, but I wanted to share some of my favorite shots from 2015. I did not make it out much in 2015 especially after my surgery to deal with my cancer of the prostate at the end of May.

2015 began primarily with night shots after teaching my ESL class. My campus is close to the Union Pacific West Colton yard, so I would head over after class and see what was happening.

Image © Ken Szok
PhotoID: 518781
Photograph © Ken Szok

The photo above is my favorite hand held pan shot.

Image © Ken Szok
PhotoID: 518631
Photograph © Ken Szok

This shot is a favorite because it resulted from my discovery of using live view to fine tune the focus.

Image © Ken Szok
PhotoID: 524243
Photograph © Ken Szok

This show was pretty much a grab shot. I was driving down the maintainer's road when this train popped into view. It was a bit of scramble to stop, grab the camera, and shoot. This was the last outing I took before my surgery.

Image © Ken Szok
PhotoID: 524415
Photograph © Ken Szok

One last image for the desert outing.

Image © Ken Szok
PhotoID: 545989
Photograph © Ken Szok

This was the first image the the screeners' allowed into the pool after my surgery. I went out specifically capture a rail related image with what I anticipated to be a good sunset.

This next series is special for me because they come from my first road trip post surgery. I felt I had recovered enough to make a trip to Arizona and spend some time trackside with some friends who live out there.

Image © Ken Szok
PhotoID: 547025
Photograph © Ken Szok

Image © Ken Szok
PhotoID: 547347
Photograph © Ken Szok

Image © Ken Szok
PhotoID: 547868
Photograph © Ken Szok

Finally, my last trip of 2015 was back out along the BNSF Needles sub.

Image © Ken Szok
PhotoID: 559415
Photograph © Ken Szok

Image © Ken Szok
PhotoID: 560045
Photograph © Ken Szok

I hope to get out a bit more often in 2016 when I am not busy with my daughter's swim meets (another thing that keeps me away from shooting trains).

Railpictures
kszok is offline   Reply With Quote