View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 08:39 PM   #7
KevinM

I have no idea what constitutes common power in Germany, so it is difficult for me to ascertain why the tougher lighting standard was applied to the first two images. I would describe the lighting situation as "filtered sun", meaning you likely have a high overcast of cirrostratus clouds, which killed some of the light you would normally get at that hour, if the sky was completely clear. I hate cirrus clouds!!!

Of the two daylight shots, I agree with J. The second one has the best chance. The lighting in that one is the best.

I actually like your "dusk" shot. If I had shot it, I would be plenty happy with the lighting. It looks like my eye would see it, and (for me personally), that's the goal. I am scratching my head Jean-Marc.

Try as they might to be consistent, the folks who screen for RP are all different people and what's acceptably bright for one person might look a bit dark to another. It could also have to do with screen calibration. I don't know if the screeners calibrate the displays they use to judge the photos. That could make a difference. You might experiment a little bit with submitting your photos at different times of the day and see if there is a particular time of day when you have more success than other times. Perhaps you can find a "shift" with a screener on duty who happens to like what you like.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote