View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #8
MDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns4eva View Post
why don't the screener give you all the rejection reasons the first time around.
Probably "time" i.e. they hit it with the first flaw they notice and move on...

You may have a point that it might save more time later but it could also be that it's simply easier (and less time consuming in the big picture) for them to get through it all quicker this way (even if they have to see a shot a couple times). That is to say a detailed analysis of every shot would probably take longer than dealing with the re-submissions via the current process...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns4eva View Post
One question though, what time of day is the most problematic for getting the "High Sun" reject? I believe the image in question was taken somewhere around 3-3:30pm and headed (I maybe wrong) slightly north to the west.
It's not always simple - it depends on time of year, location in the country, etc. For example, I can shoot all day long in January in Ohio but by April or so mid morning until mid to later afternoon is going to be "high sun". It also can depend on the subject matter, angle, composition, etc. as to how much it impacts the photo. For a basic wedgie shot of common power it's a killer. Small train in a big landscape with intersting power, good angle & composition - might not matter at all. Best way to get a sense is to browse accepted shots to see what works. Focus on basic shots first and try to replicate that. Then as you get a better understanding you figure out how/where you can "push the envelope"...
MDH is offline   Reply With Quote