View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #22
coborn35

Wow... I knew it was a slow year for me but I only submitted 25 pictures! Here are some of my favorites.

Image © Max Medlin
PhotoID: 560429
Photograph © Max Medlin

Shot this on New Years Eve. Turned out neat with them moving at the 40MPH + track speed with fresh powder.

Image © Max Medlin
PhotoID: 555707
Photograph © Max Medlin

Image © Max Medlin
PhotoID: 555708
Photograph © Max Medlin

These were neat because the CN had just completed a somewhere around 50 - 100 million dollar upgrade to this former Duluth Missabe and Iron Range Ry. Interstate branch line.

Image © Max Medlin
PhotoID: 551047
Photograph © Max Medlin

Image © Max Medlin
PhotoID: 550623
Photograph © Max Medlin

I took another trip out to South Dakota to shoot the Black Hills Sub and man was I rewarded! One of the coolest areas to shoot.

Image © Max Medlin
PhotoID: 528673
Photograph © Max Medlin

I was able to shoot my buddy a few months before he transferred elsewhere.

Image © Max Medlin
PhotoID: 531573
Photograph © Max Medlin

Due to locomotive issues, I had to put together a power set not usually run together. Looked pretty neat with BNSF all-rail cars.

Image © Max Medlin
PhotoID: 537611
Photograph © Max Medlin

HIGHLIGHT OF THE YEAR! For the first time since maybe 2008 or earlier the CN put together the two remaining maroon Missabe units with nary a CN unit to be seen. For a hardcore Missabe guy like myself this was truly awesome.

Image © Max Medlin
PhotoID: 560492
Photograph © Max Medlin

My first real attempt at a good pan, and while it could be better, I am happy with the results!

Image © Max Medlin
PhotoID: 546972
Photograph © Max Medlin

A photo charter our railroad ran for Railfan Weekend.
I personally have had a problem with those trying to tell us to turn railroad photography into an "art form." It's fine for them to do so, I welcome it in fact, but what I do have a problem with is that the practitioners of the more "arty" shots, I have found, tend to look down their nose's at others who are shooting more "mundane" shots.
Railroad photography is what you make of it, but one way is not "better" than another, IMHO. Unless you have a pole right thought the nose of the engine! -SG

Last edited by coborn35; 01-06-2016 at 04:57 AM.
coborn35 is offline   Reply With Quote