Thread: Fwiw
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #28
JRMDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oltmannd View Post
I have no doubt nearly everything I scan and process couldn't be tweaked this way or that to improve it a bit. That's not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to share interesting (to me) stuff that I have in my collection that might be of interest to others. RP is a good place to do this, but if they don't pass muster, so be it. I have others. I'll move on.
That's a pet peeve of mine. I think that people who have those great shots should nonetheless not sit on their buts but should put a few minutes effort into them. It really doesn't take that long, and the end result is so much better that I think it should be done. Like I said, my pet peeve (and not the only one!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by oltmannd View Post
And, so there is only one other shot of Conrail N8 caboose on RP. A bad scan uploaded in 2003 that I may get around to replacing some day....
Are you saying your very old shot and my just uploaded shot are the only CR N8 cabooses on RP? Or is my N-8b different from an N8? Obviously, I am clueless. (I should add, I found the N-8b designation on the web; it may not be right or even close.) BTW, do you know, why does the cupola in my shot have no windows?

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots

Last edited by JRMDC; 06-22-2011 at 05:12 PM.
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote