View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #29
NorthWest

I hope I can contribute something to this conversation, being a viewer rather than a contributor (mostly due to the cloudy/common power rejection and only 60 days of sun a year, though my photography is poor in general).

I agree with Jean-Marc regarding increasing international contributions. One of the things that is special about this website is that you can find pictures from all over the world. I have learned so much from viewing pictures outside of North America; things that I would likely have missed if I didn't view the site. However, there tends to be a lack of photographs from certain parts of the world, most likely due to the language barrier. I believe that there programs to translate things such as the captions; I do not know if they would work for RPN, but if they did, the site would be richer with photographs from areas such as China and Japan.

I've also played the game with fixable-fixable-fixable-killer rejections, and it is frustrating. I know how long it takes me to view the day's uploads, and it must take even longer for you screeners, who must look at the pictures that I skip, in addition to the rejections. Giving killer rejections first would help all of us.

Thank you very much for all of the effort that you put into this site, and for allowing me to comment on it.
NorthWest is offline   Reply With Quote