View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #15
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moffat Road View Post
I just wanted add a couple of corrections to some statements in this thread about the recent SC photograph.

Janusz: The photo is not a midday image. It was photographed at 4:54 p.m.

Troy: You cannot take this photo anytime of the week. It is best on the longest days of the year, late in the afternoon, but not too late that the shadows from mountain behind start crossing the ROW, and in clear atmospheric conditions. AND you have to have a train at the right time. You do have to hike in, and it is from public open space. I guess it’s okay, Troy, if you feel, “there's nothing special about the shot.” Everyone has different tastes and this is what makes the world go ’round!

Honestly, I’m not trying to defend the quality of the photo, or do I want to get into if it deserves a SC or not. As Janusz said, It’s “a matter of taste and it isn't my site.” I just wanted to clear up a few misconceptions… Thanks!
Having been to the BTC several times (but not this particular spot), I can appreciate the location and what it took for you to get there, the green and the flowers, as well as the PERFECT sun angle (J needs his monitor checked for "harshness" issues. ). I may have included a little more of the tree on the left, but we all have our own visions as to what looks the best.
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote