View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 04:18 AM   #17
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
Sunrise/Sunset/Twilight shots are extremely hard to capture, i've always had problems with them. Especially with my older gear. Dynamic range has been an issue. This is one of the ones I worked on the hardest in photoshop and (shocking) is actually a multiple layer, multiple exposure shot. Again, as has been mentioned, trying to capture what the eye sees. In the end, it still didn't come out as well as I would have liked, but it was the best I could. I probably captured 20 different exposures of the room, and got really lucky with the exposure of the actual train coming by in the window.

Image © Troy Nolen
PhotoID: 457805
Photograph © Troy Nolen

On the complete other side of that, I took some liberties on this shot, a very mediocre shot, but the front end of my truck was sticking out from behind the snow pile on the left, so I just extended it a little with the clone tool to cover it. No harm, no foul.
Interesting story. The image looks fine to me, so I'd say you processed it well. I assuming that you didn't have flash or anything to supplement the inside lighting? Shooting an indoor scene with windows in it and having it look natural is a real challenge without flash.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote