miningcamper1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnsommer2013 View Post
The reasons have been:

Rule of Thirds
Contrast
Saturation
Sharpness

I would say I *definitely* have a ways to go as far as learning the software, not probably!

As I stated already though, this particular shot seems properly exposed to me, both to my eyes and as indicated by its LR histogram. So I did not expect it to get flagged for an exposure issue. I more expected a rejection along the lines of it being an unremarkable or uninteresting subject/composition. Which is why I am now questioning the accuracy of what I'm seeing on my monitor.

Did the other three photos look rather underexposed to you, as they do to me? This will give me an idea as to whether I do indeed have a calibration issue.

And yes, I know I can make exposure adjustments to these photos in post. I just figured I should start with the image that seems best, straight out of the camera.

Thanks for your reply!
First one: too light
Second: exposure looks good IMHO.
Third: too dark
Fourth: even darker

Why not create a page of accepted RP shots (like what Flickr does) that you can paste your shot onto? Then see if yours is similar or different. This side-by-side-by-side method would eliminate all variables.

RP Photos: www.railpictures.net/miningcamper1/
miningcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote