View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #23
John Craft

Well, as you know, I have become deeply concerned about the rules of railfan photography. I am delighted to announce that, after much searching over the weekend, I have found them.

Quote:
ARTHUR: Bring Up the Holy Railfan Camera of CaNikon! . . . Err, how does it work?

BROTHER MAYNARD: Railfan Photography, Chapter Two, Verses Nine to Twenty One.

ANOTHER MONK (reading): And St. Michael raised his Camera up on high, saying, "O Lord bless this thy Holy Railfan Camera, that with it thou mayest document authentic representations of scenes following thy Holy Rules of Railfan Photography." And the Lord did grin and railfans did count upon the louvers and doors and fill necks and pneumatic hoses and trailing units and battery boxes and . . .

BROTHER MAYNARD: Err, skip a bit brother ...

ANOTHER MONK: ... Er ... oh, yes ... and the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take off the Holy Lens Cap, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number of exposures thou shalt shoot, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.

Five is right out.

Once the number three, being the third exposure, be reached, then puttest away thou thy Holy Railfan Camera of CaNikon. If thou dost not, or if thou gets all artsy-fartsy and "non-documentational," then I, the Lord, will consider thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

BROTHER MAYNARD: Amen.
I do not think this view follows the rules.