Thread: Cloudy Day
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 03:19 AM   #10
abr

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. As I said, I have shots from both platforms at different times and from different angles. A few do feature better lighting and should stand a better chance at acceptance.

With that Acela shot, the lighting had just changed and I think I was a little late to react, hence the low depth of field. I have other shots with crews and passing trains, including some with a clearer focus on the workers holding whistle signs at either end of the platform, so I may try editing and submitting one of the other "cloudy" shots that are composed a little differently, provided there aren't other glaring technical issues.

Would using a graduated filter in Lightroom work, or is it tricky to do without giving the appearance of the image being too heavily edited. For example, with this "cloudy day" shot from that day I was on the same platform, but facing away from the sun: http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...26&key=6906157

Could the uploaded edit using a graduated filter work? Are there any other issues to be concerned about?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0249-300.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	9356  
abr is offline   Reply With Quote