View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #25
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
You have me all wrong, and then some.

I have never lost sight of that, and I help out plenty.

Displaying a bunch of bad shots is not particularly helpful in getting better, unless people want critiques of those shots. Those sorts of critiques already happen elsewhere here. I didn't see the point of this thread, but of course the thread will continue or not regardless of my view, which was a response to some language in one post here.
J, I think you probably help out here more than ANYBODY.

I would also concur with your assessment. The only point in displaying shots with one or more technical flaws is to improve them. I can't imagine why anyone would patronize a thread in which poor quality photos are displayed simply for viewing "pleasure". There are plenty of other sites that display such pictures as their standard fare. We can provide links if folks are interested in seeing stuff with awful color casts, overexposure, unlevel, bad composition, blurry.....etc.

On the other hand, we have had some interesting rejection threads in which photographers posted photos that were technically OK, but just didn't fit the RP mold. I'm talking cloudy day, PEQ, going away, odd angle, shot between the rails, etc. We've all got 'em. Those can indeed be interesting.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote