View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
JRMDC

Default Gallery: One-Armed Monkey Shots

Well OK! Chris has laid down the gauntlet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblaz View Post
You could give a one-armed monkey a camera and he'd take a decent shot anywhere west of Denver.
But what does it all mean, really? Is a O-AM shot a nicely lit scenic mountain shot, albeit not PCA level? Is it a simple basic wedgie that someone took at a location where everyone else takes their time and gets the grand image? Or is it in fact a silhouette SC, yellow/orange background sky, destined for greatness, so, so easy to take out west, you can almost take the lens off and just wave the sensor at the scene? Who knows?

So the floor is wide open, whatever fits your personal vision of the one-armed monkey shot! Let's get to it!

I myself have not taken many west of Denver shots, and alas I am probably that one-armed monkey, except wearing a sling. so here is a station wedgie, could just as easily have been taken here in the east. And then a shot I stick in the forum over and over because I like it, didn't think about it much at the time, just shot, just like a monkey would!!!, and since we are talking WEST well, here we go again!

Image © Janusz Mrozek
PhotoID: 300993
Photograph © Janusz Mrozek

Image © Janusz Mrozek
PhotoID: 169172
Photograph © Janusz Mrozek

Bring on the monkey shots!

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots

Last edited by JRMDC; 03-08-2010 at 05:40 PM.
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote