View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 02:36 AM   #9
Mgoldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John West View Post
At least in my mind RP has evolved a lot. As I remember it (and others may remember it differently) RP really liked (and still likes) well lit 3/4 front views (wedgies). More creative stuff was often accepted, but the perception at least among some was those pix was held to a higher standard. We joked about RP being the place for wedgies and wreck pics. Whether that was true or not, it certainly no longer is.
It's not so much, I think, that RP "liked" wedges, but rather, there was no legitimate reason to reject them... They broke no rules - specifically, it was not something left to discretion.

I agree, however - RP has seemingly become more flexible with the "rules" in regards to shots that "break rules" in part thanks to the likes of yourself, John - and several, long gone from RP like Michael Allen, Bob Avery, Robin Coumbes, Alan-John Crotty. RP admin needs to remind itself - you are only as good as the company you surround yourself with. Not saying they left due to lack of flexibility, though many have.

/Mitch
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote