View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 04:39 PM   #11
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
If you would 'lower' yourself to chasing diesel power in some hard to reach places, you'd have no problem getting unique photos for here.

Loyd L.
Hi Loyd,

Yes, if I could just manage to interest myself in those machines, I could do as you suggest. It's really the history, the engineering and the "character" of steam engines that's the draw. That and the fact that these days, each surviving steam engine is pretty unique, as opposed to being a clone of many others.....which is why we don't call them "units."

Unfortunately, to see steam looking like it did back in the day, you pretty much need to charter the train. Nobody runs freights these days with steam and vintage rolling stock, unless you pay them large volumes of cash. The key is finding small charters that don't include 60 people.

I really enjoy history. I would much rather spend a day in a nice museum, or exploring the yard in Chama, NM or attending a Civil War re-enactment, than sit on a park bench messing with my cell phone. Mine is off most of the time. No kidding!

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.

Last edited by KevinM; 03-26-2018 at 04:53 PM.
KevinM is online now   Reply With Quote