View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #17
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
Jim, how is that Velocity 9 on your shoulder, does it get irritatingly heavy being on one shoulder? How easily can you switch to the other shoulder, just take it off and on or do you have to relocate the strap? Hmm, the lesser comfort may be worth the handling, especially, say, if snowing or raining, and one doesn't want to have the camera out in between shot opportunities.

By the diagram, that looks like a small bag, but I can see it being useful. Mine is somewhat larger, but it doesn't do two bodies when both have lenses mounted. Well, maybe it can, I've never looked into rearranging the dividers for that. But not long enough to put the cameras lens-to-lens as in the picture above.
The bag is nice if you're taking one body and three lenses (or a fourth small lens). After a long hike, the weight can start nagging on your shoulder a little bit, but I usually avoid that by swinging it around to the front of me, which shifts the weight off my shoulder a bit. It's primarily made for left shoulder slinging, but it can be used on the right shoulder, although it feels a little odd to me.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias

Last edited by JimThias; 11-02-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typo
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote