View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 11:52 PM   #34
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kilroy View Post
Bernd (FarRail Tours) has had precisely 3 rejections out of about 250 submitted photos since he started contributing here. I think anyone who takes an objective look at his accepted images before they're taken down would agree that we've tried to do exactly as Mitch Goldman suggested up-thread as far as giving him leeway.
He had a 1.2% rejection rate and he's packing it in over that?

Perhaps some folks need a few problems in their life to realize how good they have things.

Quote:
Meanwhile, you're upset and threatening to leave because you've temporarily lost your front page privileges since you were caught not once, but twice, using a custom script to automatically add fake views to every one of your images in order to get the front page (the second time coming two days after you admitted to it and promised me personally that it would never happen again).
I guess I will never understand this. JM is indeed a great photographer and has been blessed to have photos from places that many here can only dream of visiting.....and some places I'd be scared to death to visit. People love his work. 38,000 favorites, 4,600 comments, 50 PCAs. Where's the need to do stuff like this?

Quote:
I would like to thank you for this thread, though, since I think it gives a little glimpse to those reading as to what we're sometimes up against, and shows that that when a photographer calls it quits it's not always because of something as simple as those idiots who run RailPictures rejecting a perfect picture.
Chris, I think you're the Paul Harvey of RP.net. To quote the late News Anchor Paul Harvey:

"And now you know.....THE REST of the story......."

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.

Last edited by KevinM; 07-24-2018 at 11:55 PM.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote