Thread: Top 10 of '12
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #17
JRMDC

Like Jon, I don't have many uploads this year, also 16 (one shot in a prior year). I did my hopefully customary outing to Hancock WV in the snow, getting a favorite shot (and favorite caption for sure):
Image © Janusz Mrozek
PhotoID: 387848
Photograph © Janusz Mrozek

And a new angle, previously blocked by WB tower, although I really should have taken a shot from on this spot years before with the tower, what was I thinking?
Image © Janusz Mrozek
PhotoID: 387738

I tried out a new destination, the marinas at Neabsco Creek, VA, and tried some night/dawn train photography for the first time, for the most part, with my own take on light streaks (which I often don't care for at all):
Image © Janusz Mrozek
PhotoID: 385873

Image © Janusz Mrozek
PhotoID: 386536

Hmm, I see the dawn shot was taken just before New Years so wrong year, but I think of that group of outings in Dec-Jan as a set.

Then, I started spending time on the CSX Capital Sub, not that far from me but I have rarely gone over there:
Image © Janusz Mrozek
PhotoID: 414731

Image © Janusz Mrozek
PhotoID: 400283

The latter is also a summer solstice shot from the north side; another such shot is
Image © Janusz Mrozek
PhotoID: 403215

My first reflection shot on RP, I think; not much viewed and I think it was one of those cases where it looks a lot better in person than on film, here the color range seems to be dull:
Image © Janusz Mrozek
PhotoID: 411378

Finally, just a cool shot, the sort of thing I enjoy finding:
Image © Janusz Mrozek
PhotoID: 414271

and... my last upload of the year (of a non-2012 shot, don't recall why I didn't upload it with the rest from that day), in which I decided to do a last minute e-holiday card on the 23rd, and then decided to upload to RP regardless of views just because I felt like doing it at that moment. So of course no one viewed it (cm'on guys!!!):
Image © Janusz Mrozek
PhotoID: 418631

Overall, few outings, but I was frequently trying new stuff in one way or another, so rewarding other than quantity.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots

Last edited by JRMDC; 12-31-2012 at 08:06 PM.
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote