View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
Dennis A. Livesey

Cool

Joey, you made an excellent shot; any one without an axe to grind would say so. You and I know that on the purely photographic forums all would appreciate it. The idea, the composition, the smooth image quality are all first rate.

I would have bet money that RP would reject this. It doesn't fit RP's style where the railroad is the center of the idea. Here, the railroad is a prop and RP doesn't like that.

However, the big irony is how THIS site, a site devoted to railroad images would reject this. You would think that RP would be THE photographic place that would welcome all possibilities of railroad imaging.

Frankly, I find it embarrassing that the screeners allow purely prurient shots in, (such as the recent one we all looked at of a big-butt-bikini) yet reject this tasteful version of femininity and steel.

I Foam Therefore I Am.

My pix on RailPics:

I am on Flickr as well:

"Dennis is such a God, he could do that with a camera obscura and some homemade acetate." Holloran Grade

"To me it looks drawn in in Paintshop. It looks like a puddle of orange on the sky." SFO777
Dennis A. Livesey is offline   Reply With Quote