View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #2
TheRoadForeman's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 640

While 95% of the industry is seeing a slight trend toward recovery, the other 5% are not. The problem is, the 5% in the red (badly) are in the process of or, already have lost their main customer base. Anyone that has the balls or the cashflow to pretty much outright purchase a Class I carrier is clearly smart. Why? Simple, they have already spent their alotment on capital improvements during the economic downturn and are now in recovery mode, smart to buy after the cash is spent and they have only profit to gain. Most Class I and Class II's are relying on their shortline partners to keep each of them going at this stage of the game, without a big profit, it is just guaranteed cashflow. However, all carriers big and small are marketing VERY aggressively at this point and all of them are seeing the benefit of this slowly. Nobody can win a war overnight.

Last edited by TheRoadForeman; 01-19-2010 at 11:49 PM.
TheRoadForeman is offline   Reply With Quote