RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   7 Day Viewing: Composition (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18185)

Joseph Cermak 11-06-2018 02:03 AM

7 Day Viewing: Composition
 
Captured this shot of a whitetail buck darting in front of a CSX intermodal train, unfortunately, nature didn't cooperate and time things right for a perfect composition. While it doesn't follow the ROT exactly (Train in upper left instead of lower right), I thought the wildlife element would be something different to make it worth consideration, while still keeping what I find to be a pleasing composition. If anyne has suggestions on composition, I'd be interested to hear them, but it doesn't like RP wants any adjustments. Oh well...

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...12&key=8800866

miningcamper1 11-06-2018 02:21 AM

"...cannot be corrected." First time I've seen that one.

If this was mine, those wires would need to go. I suppose an experienced photoshopper would move the deer much closer to the engine, but since RP would be on to that, DOA :(

Oh, still nice the way you caught the deer in mid-leap!

ShortlinesUSA 11-06-2018 01:10 PM

That message says "Not getting on" to me. It's the first time I've seen it, as well. I don't know if that means the door is closed regardless of any change that is made (such as the wires being cropped out, and those really jumped out and caught my eye, as well).

There have been a good number of neat wildlife catches over the years. I think if your subject had cut it a bit tighter (but honestly glad he didn't) you would have really had an interesting shot. Bad pun, but too much dead space between the train and deer.

I'd let it go, especially given the second part of the message. Might be a quick trip to losing appeal privileges.


[photoid=668428]

RobJor 11-06-2018 01:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by miningcamper1 (Post 194901)
"...cannot be corrected." First time I've seen that one.

If this was mine, those wires would need to go. I suppose an experienced photoshopper would move the deer much closer to the engine, but since RP would be on to that...:(

Oh, still nice the way you caught the deer in mid-leap!

"Words Matter". Phrasing of rejection is an improvement, may replace(partially) PAQ rejection which I thought was poorly worded. . Second is just a recrop.

Grewup on the CW 11-06-2018 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Cermak (Post 194900)
Captured this shot of a whitetail buck darting in front of a CSX....pleasing composition. If anyne has suggestions on composition, I'd be interested to hear them, but it doesn't like RP wants any adjustments. Oh well...

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...12&key=8800866

I like the shot but there is a bit of dead space unfortunately between the loco and the buck, like you said nothing you can control. For whatever reason the screener just dont like it and killed your pic with "Cannot be corrected...."

I've received that on this pic after the first rejection of composition. I re-cropped and RP killed with cloudy and cannot be fixed. I knew it would be a likeable shot and about a year later someone else got it on at a different angle.

RobJor 11-06-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grewup on the CW (Post 194906)
I like the shot but there is a bit of dead space unfortunately between the loco and the buck, like you said nothing you can control. For whatever reason the screener just dont like it and killed your pic with "Cannot be corrected...."

I've received that on this pic after the first rejection of composition. I re-cropped and RP killed with cloudy and cannot be fixed. I knew it would be a likeable shot and about a year later someone else got it on at a different angle.

That rejection and other subsequent 2 accepted which I found would make me very sour. I think yours is clearly better. If there is any lesson I guess you should have taken more angles so you could have had more to chose from. Then, not give up, Come back again after a few months. I have a lot which I tweaked a little and came back after a suitable time.

I find it funny, wrecked s--- always does good and gets repeated as does museum stuff.

Bob

Grewup on the CW 11-06-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobJor (Post 194907)
That rejection and other subsequent 2 accepted which I found would make me very sour. I think yours is clearly better. If there is any lesson I guess you should have taken more angles so you could have had more to chose from. Then, not give up, Come back again after a few months. I have a lot which I tweaked a little and came back after a suitable time.

I find it funny, wrecked s--- always does good and gets repeated as does museum stuff.

Bob


Will it did make me rather sour, but I got over it, planned another trip back to Roanoke. We went to the museum did all that stuff again and was heading to the car to go collected some updated shots when all the sudden my grandson threw up everywhere and started running a fever. Welp needless to say I cancelled the rest of the day and headed back home. While driving the 1.5 hours trip back home I thought, well we just come back and try again. Grandson caught a 3 day bug. He got better and soon after that RP accepted a pic of #1002 and well I got sour all over again but I got over. More to life than holding a grudge. But just chimed in to say that the " Cannot be corrected...." is not new, at least for me.

bigbassloyd 11-06-2018 04:29 PM

I think the "cannot be corrected" statement is a great idea.

Loyd L.

RobJor 11-06-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grewup on the CW (Post 194908)
Will it did make me rather sour, but I got over it, planned another trip back to Roanoke. We went to the museum did all that stuff again and was heading to the car to go collected some updated shots when all the sudden my grandson threw up everywhere and started running a fever. Welp needless to say I cancelled the rest of the day and headed back home. While driving the 1.5 hours trip back home I thought, well we just come back and try again. Grandson caught a 3 day bug. He got better and soon after that RP accepted a pic of #1002 and well I got sour all over again but I got over. More to life than holding a grudge. But just chimed in to say that the " Cannot be corrected...." is not new, at least for me.

Yea, not to make you feel worse but in the past there have been comparisons and often the comparison is not valid but here it is so obvious and then got so many views. I tend to remember.

Bob

Grewup on the CW 11-06-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobJor (Post 194910)
Yea, not to make you feel worse but in the past there have been comparisons and often the comparison is not valid but here it is so obvious and then got so many views. I tend to remember.

Bob

Well there is two pics of it on RP, both by the same person, taken at different times. His first was in Feb, my was March (only a year earlier) and the lighting is just about the same, we both have clouds. His second was in July. His pics got 4993 and 7623 views. Ironically the loco is still sitting in the same spot, he just grabbed his from the other side of the tracks, which is really no advantage considering the position of the sun. But hey life goes on....
Thanks for the complement on my pic.

Decapod401 11-06-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 194909)
I think the "cannot be corrected" statement is a great idea.

Loyd L.

I agree. One of my pet peeves has long been getting a correctible rejection only to have the corrected submission killed with a PAQ or other killer rejection. This should save the submitter reprocessing time, and upload slots, which are limited to two per day for some of us.

RobJor 11-07-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decapod401 (Post 194912)
I agree. One of my pet peeves has long been getting a correctible rejection only to have the corrected submission killed with a PAQ or other killer rejection. This should save the submitter reprocessing time, and upload slots, which are limited to two per day for some of us.

I don't believe that ever happened to you!!! I assume I was singled out, smile.

Thinking of some of mine, I thought the original was OK. what bugs me is making changes I didn't believe in probably made it worse and then the rejection was warranted.

Bob

Decapod401 11-07-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobJor (Post 194918)
I don't believe that ever happened to you!!! I assume I was singled out, smile.

Thinking of some of mine, I thought the original was OK. what bugs me is making changes I didn't believe in probably made it worse and then the rejection was warranted.

Bob

In my case, the initial rejections were generally warranted and could be corrected, but the killer reason was apparent in the initial submission, and could have been applied immediately.

Now the screener can select the first rejection reason that strikes him and let the photographer know that it has other issues that don't cut it for RP. Streamlines the process for all involved.

RobJor 11-08-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decapod401 (Post 194920)
In my case, the initial rejections were generally warranted and could be corrected, but the killer reason was apparent in the initial submission, and could have been applied immediately.

Now the screener can select the first rejection reason that strikes him and let the photographer know that it has other issues that don't cut it for RP. Streamlines the process for all involved.

Are you still in Chicago? Going to Beecherfest in Milwaukee on Friday?

On another note, I thought this was a little interesting. Bob

[photoid=676627]

[photoid=672020]

Decapod401 11-08-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobJor (Post 194922)
Are you still in Chicago? Going to Beecherfest in Milwaukee on Friday?

I was there from Monday - Wednesday, but flew home last night. I won't be up again until after Thanksgiving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobJor (Post 194922)
On another note, I thought this was a little interesting. Bob

[photoid=676627]

[photoid=672020]

You never knew what you were going to find when you got to Elizabethport, although I didn't get to visit until the post-Conrail days. Quite a coincidence that of all the RS3's that CNJ had, you found that one there.

bigbassloyd 11-09-2018 01:02 PM

Any chance of me running into one or both of you January 6th-10th? I'll be at the Schaumburg Train show, and doing some choo choo foamertography as well.

Loyd L.

Decapod401 11-09-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 194926)
Any chance of me running into one or both of you January 6th-10th? I'll be at the Schaumburg Train show, and doing some choo choo foamertography as well.

Loyd L.

It's a little early in my work schedule to determine, but let's talk mid-December. I will probably be there during some of those days - would be great to meet you.

RobJor 11-09-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decapod401 (Post 194927)
It's a little early in my work schedule to determine, but let's talk mid-December. I will probably be there during some of those days - would be great to meet you.

I will be home that week(marengo, IL). Retired so timing should not be a problem.

Bob

Decapod401 12-28-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 194926)
Any chance of me running into one or both of you January 6th-10th? I'll be at the Schaumburg Train show, and doing some choo choo foamertography as well.

Loyd L.

If you're still up for some foamer action, I can fly into O'Hare early morning on Sunday the 6th. Will be there until Wednesday afternoon, but work precludes any daytime action during the week.

bigbassloyd 12-28-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decapod401 (Post 195110)
If you're still up for some foamer action, I can fly into O'Hare early morning on Sunday the 6th. Will be there until Wednesday afternoon, but work precludes any daytime action during the week.

Leaving Home either Thursday Night or early Friday Morning. Staying in Schaumburg Friday Night Through Monday Morning. Will be free at night as well. Monday I'm planning on some racetrack and transcon action before heading back to Deshler Monday Night late.

Loyd L.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.