RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   A TO24 is a nice feeling. (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18123)

willig 06-22-2018 07:58 AM

A TO24 is a nice feeling.
 
I seldom get a TO24. I don't consider myself to be such a great photographer. Mind you, I have good kit, Canon 5Ds and a good range of L lenses etc.

So today, I've got a TO24 (without any links from other sites, by the way). [photoid=661923]

It was taken with my Samsung Cell Phone!

SAR Connecta 06-22-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willig (Post 194238)
I seldom get a TO24. I don't consider myself to be such a great photographer. Mind you, I have good kit, Canon 5Ds and a good range of L lenses etc.

So today, I've got a TO24 (without any links from other sites, by the way).

It was taken with my Samsung Cell Phone!

;-) well done Graham

RobJor 06-22-2018 10:32 AM

Shows value of having a camera ready. Cool to see two freight trains meeting as we often see passenger trains from UK. Guess they have a pretty decent football team in town.


Bob

Joseph Cermak 06-22-2018 12:40 PM

It's a nice and pretty cool shot, even for me who isn't really a fan of the RR's outside North America. Also, just an FYI to post the photo in the forum, you need to use [photoid=XXXXXX] so yours would be [photoid=661923]

bigbassloyd 06-22-2018 01:23 PM

Sometimes you get lucky and put a decent shot in on a day when ___________ , _____________, _________________, and \ or __________________ do not upload a facebook campaigned shot.

Congratulations.

Loyd L.

lefflerlad 06-23-2018 10:12 PM

Thanks Loyd,

I've noticed that blank tends to do that. ;)

bigbassloyd 06-25-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefflerlad (Post 194257)
Thanks Loyd,

I've noticed that blank tends to do that. ;)

The blanks are blankety blanks.

Loyd L.

Kevin B. 06-26-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 194242)
Sometimes you get lucky and put a decent shot in on a day when ___________ , _____________, _________________, and \ or __________________ do not upload a facebook campaigned shot.

Congratulations.

Loyd L.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have unfriended a couple of those "blanks" on Facebook for that very reason. It seemed like posting Railpics links was the ONLY thing they did.

JimThias 06-27-2018 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin B. (Post 194272)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have unfriended a couple of those "blanks" on Facebook for that very reason. It seemed like posting Railpics links was the ONLY thing they did.

I'm always amazed by the train geeks on FB who only post train content. What, no girls, sports, cars, beer, or just life events to post about??? It's bizarre to me.

vcode455 06-27-2018 12:03 PM

I thought Railpics had found a way to deal with the FB campaigns? I guess I should be happy my older "stuff" does OK most of the time.

bigbassloyd 06-27-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcode455 (Post 194280)
I thought Railpics had found a way to deal with the FB campaigns? I guess I should be happy my older "stuff" does OK most of the time.

I believe they just targeted one or two of the offenders previously.

There's a few more that could benefit from it, but not my website. :)

Loyd L.

KevinM 06-27-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 194281)
I believe they just targeted one or two of the offenders previously.

Loyd L.

I believe that's accurate. If you're unlucky enough to post next to KB, you're still screwed. :lol:

Grewup on the CW 06-27-2018 05:20 PM

I was lucky too
 
When I posted this pic, I had my fingers crossed that the campaigners would not post while mine was in its 24 hour cycle. I got lucky and they didn't and while this picture did far better than I thought it would, it got where it did because the "RP" audience liked it (for whatever reason) and with no help from FB or any other audience. (Because I dont belong or use any of them). So yes a "T024" is a nice feeling.
[photoid=658745]

KevinM 06-27-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grewup on the CW (Post 194283)
When I posted this pic, I had my fingers crossed that the campaigners would not post while mine was in its 24 hour cycle. I got lucky and they didn't and while this picture did far better than I thought it would, it got where it did because the "RP" audience liked it (for whatever reason) and with no help from FB or any other audience. (Because I dont belong or use any of them). So yes a "T024" is a nice feeling.
[photoid=658745]

It is quite possible that someone else linked it. Because the links are no longer visible on RP, you'd never have any way to know that. I've had several run-of-the-mill shots get really decent views, or even make a To24 slot and it made no sense to me, unless someone took a shine to it and posted a link to some special interest group on line....or something like that.

For really stratospheric views, forget about To24. When RP elects to post your shot to their FB page, then you'll really see the views take off.

Grewup on the CW 06-27-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinM (Post 194284)
It is quite possible that someone else linked it. Because the links are no longer visible on RP, you'd never have any way to know that. I've had several run-of-the-mill shots get really decent views, or even make a To24 slot and it made no sense to me, unless someone took a shine to it and posted a link to some special interest group on line....or something like that.

For really stratospheric views, forget about To24. When RP elects to post your shot to their FB page, then you'll really see the views take off.

Well it is possible that someone else could have linked it but I can say if it was, it was without my knowledge and not from within my normal circle of friends BUT since RP took that nice feature away, there is no way to ever know again. I loved that feature cuz I could gauge the true RP audience acceptance of any pic.

KevinM 06-27-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grewup on the CW (Post 194285)
Well it is possible that someone else could have linked it but I can say if it was, it was without my knowledge and not from within my normal circle of friends BUT since RP took that nice feature away, there is no way to ever know again. I loved that feature cuz I could gauge the true RP audience acceptance of any pic.

I agree that the feature was nice, but Chris K. made a strong argument that the feature had to be eliminated because the amount of data involved was apparently killing his back-up process. Timely back-ups are really key for a site like this one.

Grewup on the CW 06-27-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinM (Post 194286)
I agree that the feature was nice, but Chris K. made a strong argument that the feature had to be eliminated because the amount of data involved was apparently killing his back-up process. Timely back-ups are really key for a site like this one.

True, agree with you as well. Now if he/they would address the rest of our questions & suggestions that would be great!

Chase55671 06-29-2018 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 194242)
Sometimes you get lucky and put a decent shot in on a day when ___________ , _____________, _________________, and \ or __________________ do not upload a facebook campaigned shot.

Congratulations.

Loyd L.

That's quite a few blanks.

RobJor 06-29-2018 02:36 AM

Deleted most of original, just not worth venting. Left rejections since it was replied to.
Bob

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...18&key=3419861

ATSF666 06-29-2018 03:15 AM

I like this one a lot better than the Amtrak one. Nicely composed. If the RAW image isn't too messed up I suspect it could be a nice photo!

bigbassloyd 06-29-2018 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase55671 (Post 194288)
That's quite a few blanks.

I bet you can fill them in too :D

Loyd L.

vcode455 06-30-2018 08:16 PM

I post on FB as well, but I actually post the photo. I never link it to RP. Funny thing is, a photo I post that may get 1000 views here, also gets 100 likes on FB. I've noticed that some other shots that get 3000 or more views here, barely get 10 or 20 likes on FB. Go figure. I really wish this could be addressed.....

csx_fan 07-02-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 194242)
Sometimes you get lucky and put a decent shot in on a day when ___________ , _____________, _________________, and \ or __________________ do not upload a facebook campaigned shot.

Congratulations.

Loyd L.

It appears that __________________ from Eastern Canada is back - with Facebook campaigned shots under a new ID

amtrak07t 07-02-2018 03:13 PM

It was mentioned in the site discussion form that we would see less photos in the top24 from "a certain user". Now that the user is under a new id, he's back and linking to his photos.

I think the feature should be rolled out for all users across all accounts. There's a lot of gems that will never see the front page because there's a train in Vermont crossing a bridge or a CN engine in some random, mundane part of Canada.

bigbassloyd 07-02-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csx_fan (Post 194312)
It appears that __________________ from Eastern Canada is back - with Facebook campaigned shots under a new ID

Super.

Loyd L.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.