RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I know what a train looks like (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16052)

trainboysd40 01-13-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 163003)
Nothing says justification to me like a complete stranger giving me money for one of my prints.

And nothing helps me buy gas for railfanning like a complete stranger giving me money for one of my prints! I just need to figure out how to make them do it more often ;)

Watain 01-13-2013 03:47 AM

I like being trackside, shooting trains is what got me into photography in the first place. What sucks, is that everybody grew in the hobby, but I just stayed the same. By posting the same old crap, from the same old spots. I guess I have a couple of good ones on here though.

Joe the Photog 01-14-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watain (Post 163109)
What sucks, is that everybody grew in the hobby, but I just stayed the same. By posting the same old crap, from the same old spots. I guess I have a couple of good ones on here though.

What sucks about that? If that's what they want to do, so be it.

JRMDC 01-14-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watain (Post 163109)
I like being trackside, shooting trains is what got me into photography in the first place. What sucks, is that everybody grew in the hobby, but I just stayed the same. By posting the same old crap, from the same old spots. I guess I have a couple of good ones on here though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog (Post 163131)

As someone in Wayne's shoes, at least I feel like it sometimes, I agree that one can feel that the skills of others are ramping up and one would like to do the same, and if that isn't happening, it can be disappointing. Has nothing to do with what "they" want to, but rather with what "we" want to do.

Watain 01-14-2013 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRMDC (Post 163132)
As someone in Wayne's shoes, at least I feel like it sometimes, I agree that one can feel that the skills of others are ramping up and one would like to do the same, and if that isn't happening, it can be disappointing. Has nothing to do with what "they" want to, but rather with what "we" want to do.

Exactly what I meant, I mean I've had ideas for shots floating around in my head for the past four years, I've only been able to execute a couple successfully. Time and money rarely seem to be on my side..

Joe the Photog 01-14-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watain (Post 163138)
Time and money rarely seem to be on my side..

I hear ya on that. I went out of the Carolinas exactly once last year and it was to Lavonia, Georgia. Look on a map and see how far out of South Carolina that is.

:-x

The other thing that always works against me is time to get out shooting when 1.) there are trains and 2.) there is sun.

JimThias 01-14-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog (Post 163131)

I think you missed the point of Wayne's comment.