RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bending Light (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16776)

travsirocz 11-19-2013 06:16 PM

Bending Light
 
Crazy to see distortions and optical illusions like this.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...26&key=2579863

Not looking to get this on, just sharing.

JimThias 11-19-2013 07:34 PM

I have a similar shot that I may be posting soon, but it's not missing a chunk of the train. :-)

Edit: Although mine will probably just end up on flickr after I get the same rejection as Travis. :lol:

Mgoldman 11-19-2013 07:50 PM

True - would make a great Trains Trackside theme.

The trick is catching the illusion without introducing too much distortion.

[photoid=421777]

[photoid=308340]

/Mitch

...or was it the chunk of missing train that you were actually impressed with?

Holloran Grade 11-19-2013 08:05 PM

RP does not see the beauty in heat distortion.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36722129@N06/4138626781/" title="Through the Heat by El Roco Photography, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2683/4138626781_673a8d82fc_z.jpg" width="640" height="462" alt="Through the Heat"></a>

WMHeilman 11-19-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 172245)
RP does not see the beauty in heat distortion.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36722129@N06/4138626781/" title="Through the Heat by El Roco Photography, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2683/4138626781_673a8d82fc_z.jpg" width="640" height="462" alt="Through the Heat"></a>

There's nothing beautiful about that... And heat distortion in general sucks, although shots like the one Travis linked (which I actually like and think it should have gotten on) are cool.

Holloran Grade 11-19-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WMHeilman (Post 172246)
There's nothing beautiful about that... And heat distortion in general sucks[.]


Another one that "blows.":twisted:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36722129@N06/5608293244/" title="Holding the Main at Minneola by El Roco Photography, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5307/5608293244_ca987a6082_z.jpg" width="640" height="435" alt="Holding the Main at Minneola"></a>

travsirocz 11-19-2013 08:51 PM

I posted this to show the part where 1/4 of the train is gone. Heatwaves are dime a dozen like this one below. ;)

[photoid=408624]

Holloran Grade 11-19-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travsirocz (Post 172249)
I posted this to show the part where 1/4 of the train is gone. Heatwaves are dime a dozen.

That is cool - only I didn't see it until you pointed it out.:wink:

I am also surprised they allowed the hunter image on, seems they don't like pictures of people standing in the gauge.

travsirocz 11-19-2013 08:58 PM

The hunting photo is what every rail line in Wisconsin looks like this time of year. lol Seriously.

Holloran Grade 11-19-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travsirocz (Post 172251)
The hunting photo is what every rail line in Wisconsin looks like this time of year.

Not in firearm phobic California.

Were that here, the cops would be taking that image and trying to facilitate and arrest from it.

And if that was Southern California, DHS and the FBI would be involved because it is clearly evidence of domestic terrorism against strategic infrastructure.

JimThias 11-19-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travsirocz (Post 172249)
I posted this to show the part where 1/4 of the train is gone. Heatwaves are dime a dozen like this one below. ;)

[photoid=408624]

That's a sweet hat he's wearing that just happens to have a mileage number on it. :wink:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.