RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ummmmm..... (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18268)

vcode455 08-11-2019 05:06 PM

Ummmmm.....
 
I'm usually give the benefit of the doubt, but this? And getting to #1?
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/706429/

bbrant 08-11-2019 07:23 PM

Not a fan of this shot or his work in general. How something like this gets accepted here used to be a mystery to me.

KevinM 08-12-2019 02:49 AM

The To24 has nothing to do with site popularity. The photographer links most of his postings to other sites such as Facebook. He's certainly not alone, but he's better at it than most campaigners. He's the "Campaigner-in-Chief."

miningcamper1 08-12-2019 06:10 AM

Anyone else think that should have been a vertical? :confused:

vcode455 08-12-2019 12:36 PM

Kevin, I know he links and that is irritating, but composition on this is horrible IMHO. More trees than train. Everything of interest is in the lower RH 1/3 of the picture......

bigbassloyd 08-12-2019 12:59 PM

I'm sure the client was very pleased..

Loyd L.

Jackson Glozer 08-13-2019 03:19 PM

That is a pretty awful all around.

However at least it is better than this: https://www.railpictures.net/photo/706720/

bigbassloyd 08-13-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackson Glozer (Post 195695)
That is a pretty awful all around.

However at least it is better than this: https://www.railpictures.net/photo/706720/

Maybe a 'small' contrast adjustment.. :D

Loyd L.

RobJor 08-13-2019 06:34 PM

What do we think? Maybe I am missing something.
Overpass with distortion. I have been noticing several not only from him but others including the uninteresting overpass road. Not sure if the drums included makes this creative.
I do give him credit, not something I would think of.
Maybe if were a rural gravel road old bridge or something of interest?

[photoid=706736]

Then there is others slanted roadbed and even a distorted, slanted, over sharpened, over saturated screeners choice coming out of a warehouse that I didn't get at all but again maybe just me.

Bob Jordan

bigbassloyd 08-13-2019 06:42 PM

I've noticed a few of his photos are overdriven in editing (and underdriven in distortion correction). I get converging lines in a composition but this really doesn't pull me in as a viewer.

Loyd L.

Jackson Glozer 08-15-2019 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobJor (Post 195697)
What do we think? Maybe I am missing something.
Overpass with distortion. I have been noticing several not only from him but others including the uninteresting overpass road. Not sure if the drums included makes this creative.
I do give him credit, not something I would think of.
Maybe if were a rural gravel road old bridge or something of interest?


I totally agree that the overpass in the shot is an unnecessary foreground element; if anything it really distracts me from the train.

Also on the topic of Ummmmmmm..

https://www.railpictures.net/photo/706797/

?

Jackson

RobJor 08-15-2019 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackson Glozer (Post 195699)
I totally agree that the overpass in the shot is an unnecessary foreground element; if anything it really distracts me from the train.

Also on the topic of Ummmmmmm..

https://www.railpictures.net/photo/706797/

?

Jackson

In the best railfan tradition "everyone" is trying to get in on the end. I was there several times(fall and winter), very nice area. My wife even wanted to go back, there is this Maple Syrup place and dining near Olean. As far as that photo, lets just say it looked OK in the small size. He seems to juice his up a little, maybe does not work so well with close ups.
Wouldn't mind going there in fall if the new units are running. Bob

Added: wouldn't consider this a good color rendition,
[photoid=706280]


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.