RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rejected Comment (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16932)

Freericks 02-17-2014 05:41 AM

Rejected Comment

The following photo comment has been rejected and will not be added to the
public database:

Photo: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=467735
Comment: Great looking image. Really a scene from our past.

Please note our comment submission guidelines which stipulate that comments
containing any of
the following will be rejected:

- Comment not in English
- Numerous misspellings
- Text in either all caps or all lower case
- Excessive punctuation
- Pose a direct question to the photographer which would be better suited to a
private e-mail

Best regards,
The RailPictures.Net Staff

CSX1702 02-17-2014 06:22 AM

Wrong button?

Freericks 02-17-2014 06:27 AM

Yes, my assumption.

JimThias 02-17-2014 12:09 PM

Appeal it!! :lol:

bigbassloyd 02-17-2014 02:26 PM

Start a facebook page and raise unholy hell.

Loyd L.

Freericks 02-17-2014 03:37 PM

I shall! I shall!

Honestly just got a bit of a laugh from it - thought I would share. 99.99% sure it was just a mistake (even if the second sentence is problematic).

Holloran Grade 02-17-2014 07:11 PM

Poor sentace structure.

coborn35 02-17-2014 11:56 PM

Considering all the stupids comments they let in...

Freericks 02-18-2014 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 175564)
Poor sentace structure.

I'm sure what a "sentace" is.

I like how your comment on a comment missing a subject and verb is also missing a subject and a verb.

Holloran Grade 02-18-2014 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freericks (Post 175590)
I'm sure what a "sentace" is.

I like how your comment on a comment missing a subject and verb is also missing a subject and a verb.

It took a lot of thought to stricture an interesting, as well as hamorous reply to something so simplastic and mundane.

I am glad that you recognize, and appriciate my efforets.

Freericks 02-18-2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 175591)
It took a lot of thought to stricture an interesting, as well as hamorous reply to something so simplastic and mundane.

I am glad that you recognize, and appriciate my efforets.

You're efforets make me giddy.

Freericks 02-18-2014 12:46 AM

Stay calm, Thias!!!!!

Stay calm - it is all in fun and games.

troy12n 02-18-2014 12:53 AM

Maybe post it in some other language so they can legitimately reject it? Must be a slow news day

Holloran Grade 02-18-2014 12:57 AM

I notice they reject comments with 2 many sentences and 2 much punctuation.

I suspect this is an automated function, however someone posted the "shit" word on one of my photos in a comment, so who knows.

Joe the Photog 02-18-2014 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coborn35 (Post 175588)

Ask Frank Orona about that.

Freericks 02-18-2014 01:40 AM

I've got at least a dozen comments that are direct questions to me like, "Is that spot easy to get to?"

JimThias 02-18-2014 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freericks (Post 175596)
Stay calm, Thias!!!!!

Stay calm - it is all in fun and games.

Funny thing is, I "got" (and appreciated) Billy Bob's intentional mistake, but you didn't. What the heck, man?

:D

sd9 02-18-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coborn35 (Post 175588)

Here's another one, I was just pointing out the obvious, I don't see it any different than the other comments accepted:rolleyes:

The following photo comment has been rejected and will not be added to the public database:

Photo: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=470250
Comment: Maybe he was giving it to you as a kind gesture as in you were suppose to catch the water bottle

Please note our comment submission guidelines which stipulate that comments containing any of

- Comment not in English
- Numerous misspellings
- Excessive punctuation
- Pose a direct question to the photographer which would be better suited to a private e-mail

Best regards,

Freericks 02-18-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 175618)
Funny thing is, I "got" (and appreciated) Billy Bob's intentional mistake, but you didn't. What the heck, man?

:D

Um - no I did - evident by my response praising him.

Funny that, huh?

CSX1702 02-18-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 175598)
....the "shit" word...

Now that's funny.

Holloran Grade 02-18-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd9 (Post 175626)
Comment: Maybe he was giving it to you as a kind gesture as in you were suppose to catch the water bottle

Dude is too close if an engineer could hit him with a water bottle.

Doesn't matter if you are at a grade crossing, standing too close while the crossing is occupied by a train is illegal.

Hatchetman 02-18-2014 06:15 PM

funny, some engineers stick their head out and wave, others flip you the finger.

wds 02-18-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd9 (Post 175626)
Here's another one, I was just pointing out the obvious, I don't see it any different than the other comments accepted:rolleyes:

The following photo comment has been rejected and will not be added to the public database:

Please note our comment submission guidelines which stipulate that comments containing any of

- Comment not in English
- Numerous misspellings
- Excessive punctuation
- Pose a direct question to the photographer which would be better suited to a private e-mail

Best regards,

Not numerous, but glaring! Close, but no cigar. The word you were struggling for is supposed. Surprised Jim didn't beat me to it!:twisted:
BTW, in these parts it is not unheard of for an engineer (or conductor) to toss a bottle of cold water to a railfan. Only thing is they generally do it in the middle of summer when the temperature is 100 degrees in the shade!

Freericks 02-18-2014 07:22 PM

Looking at the photo, I agree... he was way too close to the tracks (and standing way inside the closed gates there). Now, I know that spot well and there is a wide area on the south side of the crossing, but even still - how close to the train do you need to get?

Holloran Grade 02-18-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freericks (Post 175640)
Looking at the photo, I agree... he was way too close to the tracks (and standing way inside the closed gates there). Now, I know that spot well and there is a wide area on the south side of the crossing, but even still - how close to the train do you need to get?

I was thinking he could have used a telephoto for the shot, but getting hit by the bottle is dispositive of where he was.

It is not like someone in the cab can wind up and huck a bottle a significant distance like they could if they were outside on the landings.

Were I to be malicious from the cab, I would have opened it and sprayed the guy with water.:twisted: