RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Axis of evil (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17979)

Daniel SIMON 07-13-2017 06:13 PM

Axis of evil

I do not understand for which reason RP.net members are notallowed to download pictures by entering the country name INDONESIA.

Why is RP.net rejecting photos from Indonesia and on the other hand accepting pictures from Iran and North Korea ????????? :confused::confused:

[photoid=623072]

bigbassloyd 07-13-2017 07:12 PM

I pulled up 1554 Indonesia photos by searching the word Indonesia, and downloaded anything I clicked like normal.

and I have no clue what you're talking about on the second part.

#Murica!

Loyd L.

miningcamper1 07-13-2017 08:11 PM

So Ricki Dirja either intentionally or accidentally entered "Cambodia" instead of "Indonesia"? Perhaps Daniel could elaborate on this.

Incidentally, there are 4 different names for this bridge's location in the database.

JRMDC 07-13-2017 08:54 PM

Looks to me, Daniel, like you argued in an inflammatory way well before you could justify doing so. Maybe future discussion will reveal more, but as of now I think your post and title were poorly conceived.

JimThias 07-13-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel SIMON (Post 191829)
I do not understand for which reason RP.net members are notallowed to download pictures by entering the country name INDONESIA.

Where does one enter the name "INDONESIA" in order to download an image?

RobJor 07-13-2017 09:55 PM

I don't like the banner like that across the top of the sky, Cambodia or Indonesia.

And the prior posts by him listed Indonesia.

Bob

Mberry 07-14-2017 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 191830)
I pulled up 1554 Indonesia photos by searching the word Indonesia, and downloaded anything I clicked like normal.

and I have no clue what you're talking about on the second part.

#Murica!

Loyd L.

I also pulled up the same amount of photos from Indonesia, so I'm confused. :confused:

Daniel SIMON 07-14-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 191836)
Where does one enter the name "INDONESIA" in order to download an image?

Sorry, upload and not download !!

Daniel SIMON 07-14-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mberry (Post 191841)
I also pulled up the same amount of photos from Indonesia, so I'm confused. :confused:

Let me explain more in detail what I was trying to say. When you want to upload a photo from Indonesia to the database, the system will not accept that you select the country name Indonesia from the scroll down list. Therefore, you will have to choose another country name (in most of the cases Cambodia or Philippines are then selected). While uploading the photo and if you want that the correct country name is shown, you have to add a little comment to the screener asking him kindly to correct the country name back to Indonesia.

This is the reason why you will find so many photos Under Indonesia in the database. The country name has been corrected afterwards.

I know that very well, as I have myself a few pictures from Indonesia in the database.

miningcamper1 07-14-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel SIMON (Post 191844)
Let me explain more in detail what I was trying to say. When you want to upload a photo from Indonesia to the database, the system will not accept that you select the country name Indonesia from the scroll down list. Therefore, you will have to choose another country name (in most of the cases Cambodia or Philippines are then selected). While uploading the photo and if you want that the correct country name is shown, you have to add a little comment to the screener asking him kindly to correct the country name back to Indonesia.

This is the reason why you will find so many photos Under Indonesia in the database. The country name has been corrected afterwards.

I know that very well, as I have myself a few pictures from Indonesia in the database.

That's an odd glitch. I was able to fill out the upload form for Jakarta, Indonesia as a test, but I didn't try sending it.

On the other hand, the long-running PCA glitch seems to have gone away (for now anyway).