RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Unjustified PEQ reject! (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8745)

Chris Kilroy 12-10-2008 05:23 AM

Unjustified PEQ reject!

http://www.railpictures.net/images/d...1228881474.jpg

Why are the screeners on this site out to get me?????

John Fladung 12-10-2008 05:26 AM

WOW!!!

Are they now banned from uploading? I hope so, they've wasted enough of your time already...

Christopher Muller 12-10-2008 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Kilroy

Appeal, and if that doesn't work... sharpen slightly.

J Douglas Moore 12-10-2008 06:00 AM

Good nose light but cropped too tite for my tastes. Also lens flare. I suggest reshoot with improved angle.

Freericks 12-10-2008 06:19 AM

Pretty clear the screener hit the wrong button (it's been known to happen). I think the issue is red eye (yellow because it's a shark).

Little bit of advice. Try to re-upload at certain times of the day when Kilroy isn't screening. Other screeners are more fish friendly.

Mgoldman 12-10-2008 06:23 AM

It's been some time since I've seen the D&H Sharks. Looks like this one is back in primer gray. It'd say it's a pretty rare shot and should be excepted even if it's a cloudy shot.

/Mitch

bigbassloyd 12-10-2008 11:49 AM

Sir, if you'd link the actual rejection to us, we could be more helpful in determining how to get this shot accepted.

Loyd L.

milwman 12-10-2008 11:56 AM

Must be a LMX before the red was applied :shock:

John Craft 12-10-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Kilroy

I hope you're f****** kidding. Ugh, it's things like this that make me question the future of humanity.

PEQ or not, that's just an unattractive photo. I don't know what made you think it would get on.

Any hope? NO. I think you should just stop uploading to RP.

MichaelJ 12-10-2008 01:20 PM

If I was going to upload something inappropriate and non-rail related, I would do a much better job than a Shark.

WKUrailfan 12-10-2008 01:26 PM

Not to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but Jon Fink could have accidentally attached the wrong image. But keep clamoring for him to be banned if it makes you feel better about yourself...

Ween 12-10-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelJ
If I was going to upload something inappropriate and non-rail related, I would do a much better job than a Shark.

I remember a while back someone uploaded a shot of themselves giving the camera the finger...a special message to the screeners who he had a disagreement with.

matth 12-10-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ween
I remember a while back someone uploaded a shot of themselves giving the camera the finger...a special message to the screeners who he had a disagreement with.

I remember that. I'm sure both Chris' have that shot framed and hung on the wall above their computer workstations to remind themselves how "rewarding" their hard work at RP.net has been!

J Douglas Moore 12-10-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Craft
I hope you're f****** kidding. Ugh, it's things like this that make me question the future of humanity.

PEQ or not, that's just an unattractive photo. I don't know what made you think it would get on.

Any hope? NO. I think you should just stop uploading to RP.

HEEE"SS BAAACCCCKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!

:lol:

JimThias 12-10-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKUrailfan
Not to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but Jon Fink could have accidentally attached the wrong image. But keep clamoring for him to be banned if it makes you feel better about yourself...

Are you a friend of the fink...err, I mean Mr. Fink?

WKUrailfan 12-10-2008 04:51 PM

No, but i remember once I accidentally attached a picture of a homeless man shooting heroin instead of the Amtrak picture I wanted. Good thing I doublechecked or I would have been banned it seems.

JimThias 12-10-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

No, but i remember once I accidentally attached a picture of a homeless man shooting heroin instead of the Amtrak picture I wanted. Good thing I doublechecked or I would have been banned it seems.

:lol:

I'm sure a simple explanation of your mistake would have had you un-banned.

WembYard 12-10-2008 09:09 PM

Over here we have a certain type of brake van (caboose) for spreading track ballast that is called a "shark", perhaps I ought to dig out and scan a picture of one to submit to RP :twisted:

In the meantime, HERE is a picture of one so that you can see that I am not making it up!

Watain 12-10-2008 11:08 PM

What an beautiful Mr. Kilroy! Well now since that joke is out of the way.

You go in the water....shark in the water......you get a PEQ reject.

JimThias 12-10-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watain
What an beautiful Mr. Kilroy! Well now since that joke is out of the way.

You go in the water....shark in the water......you get a PEQ reject.

Have another beer. :lol:

Carl Becker 12-10-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matth
I remember that. I'm sure both Chris' have that shot framed and hung on the wall above their computer workstations to remind themselves how "rewarding" their hard work at RP.net has been!

http://forums.railpictures.net/showthread.php?t=703

Although that was weird, this current thread definitely has it beat... :lol:

Carl Becker 12-11-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

He has no photos in the DB, FYI... his name doesn't even come back to RP when searched on Google...

lock4244 12-11-2008 12:13 AM

What, no one here likes Baldwins?

Northern Limits 12-11-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lock4244
What, no one here likes Baldwins?

I guess not, except for Mitch. He is the only other person who seems to have made the connection.

jnohallman 12-11-2008 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Craft

I like to purposely take photos that will be unattractive to Mike Banned just so I can have him tell me how lousy a photographer I am! Whether the screeners like them or not is gravy . . . :lol:

BTW - I prefer my sharks in Brunswick Green with gold pinstripes . . . :grin:

Jon