RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Dan V. Tells The Truth!! (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9238)

Joe the Photog 03-04-2009 12:08 AM

Dan V. Tells The Truth!!

(Well, at least the truth as he sees it.)

:grin:

Sent to the anti0-RP YahooGroup which I am a member, albeit, a non paying member, just to get a few laughs.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Railpi...t_net_Rejects/

Keep in mind that other than me and Dan, there appear to be 12 other members.

:lol:

Here's his e-mail to the group --
Quote:

As in all websites that have memberships, and also have another level
of membership such as "elite". Of course, one has to pay $$$ to
obtain the "elite".

Now, does an elite membership have "perks"?

Oh you bet your ass it does! What you are not told as a regular
member is this.....

The amount of webspace available to non-paying members is very
limited. Chris Starnes and Chris Kilroy are not going to give away
huge amounts of server space to people that won't pony up some cash.

Once that web space is used up, or close to being used up, its a
select few that will get their pics on there.

Your image could be perfect in every way. But the screener knows when
they are screening, whether or not your a "paid" member. If you are,
your image is on toot sweet!

If your not, the screener presses a few keys and you receive a
totally assinine reason why your image was rejected.

The website is tilted towards the paying member. They will go through
an easier screening process. And in the end result, get more images
on their site of same and sometimes lesser quality than yours.

The Rat

Carl Becker 03-04-2009 12:15 AM

Great post in the thread, Joe... :D

I love reading RP reject group/list messages...

~Carl Becker

Joe the Photog 03-04-2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Becker (Post 84360)
Great post in the thread, Joe... :D

I love reading RP reject group/list messages...

It's fun and enlightening!

Joe

Carl Becker 03-04-2009 12:23 AM

I still love how he complains about having three photos rejected...

http://bestsmileys.com/crying/15.gif

Just wow...

~Carl Becker

Ween 03-04-2009 12:48 AM

What. An. Ass.

Next, he'll be saying you have to wear a tinfoil hat to prevent Starnes and Kilroy from hypnotizing you into becoming an Elite member.

Fail.

Watain 03-04-2009 12:52 AM

More like Epic Fail, that guy is an idiot... I guess he thinks RP Elite= auto accept, it doesn't.

khalucha 03-04-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ween (Post 84365)
What. An. Ass.

Next, he'll be saying you have to wear a tinfoil hat to prevent Starnes and Kilroy from hypnotizing you into becoming an Elite member.

Fail.

Is it true that if you wear a tinfoil hat in sunny conditions helps from receiving a "High Sun" rejection?

milwman 03-04-2009 01:21 AM

RAT= Rant, he loves to rant. and you can't win, And he has to get the last word in.

Ween 03-04-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milwman (Post 84377)
RAT= Rant, he loves to rant. and you can't win, And he has to get the last word in.

You mean like how he pointed out that Joe only has two photos accepted in 2009? Like that supports his theory. Again...ASS.

lock4244 03-04-2009 01:32 AM

You mean I've been wearing this stupid tinfoil hat for nothing? Next you're gonna say the clotheshangers hanging from the ceiling are useless, too!

Must really want to get a shot on here if you join a group to complain about not getting shots on here. E. N. V. Y.

Walter S 03-04-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ween (Post 84378)
You mean like how he pointed out that Joe only has two photos accepted in 2009? Like that supports his theory. Again...ASS.

Joes server space has probably run out, I would assume? LMAO :lol:

TheRoadForeman 03-04-2009 01:54 AM

Who cares what this jackbag thinks?! I'll bear mace him if I ever see him!

capwell 03-04-2009 02:43 AM

Doesn't this guy spend a lot of time on the west slope list complaining about rp, too? Seems like someone who should spend more time shooting and less time whining - he might get better at the former, and have less need for the latter.

jnohallman 03-04-2009 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khalucha (Post 84367)
Is it true that if you wear a tinfoil hat in sunny conditions helps from receiving a "High Sun" rejection?

Only if you wear it with the shiny side out! If you wear the "flat" side out you don't get enough reflected light . . . :lol:

Jon

Ween 03-04-2009 03:31 AM

Wow. According to this clown's Yahoo! profile, he's 50 years old. I would have pegged him late teens, early 20s based on what I've seen in his posts, but dang, by 50 I thought he would have had things figured out a bit better by now...

Darryl Rule 03-04-2009 03:38 AM

He is definitely 50ish, and he is a piece of work. He does know his stuff when it comes to places to shoot. But he will yell at someone for trespassing, then the next day do something even worse to get his shot, and his reasoning is because he lives on the West Slope and everyone else is a visitor to his area. And visitors aren't allowed to do what regulars are. Craziness.

trainboysd40 03-04-2009 04:00 AM

If Elite members get their shots accepted easier, I'd have backlit shots in the database with high sun. I feel the screening is fine now. =)

Joe the Photog 03-04-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ween (Post 84378)

I started to explain that my shooting time has gone down to nothing, that I'm using computers at the library and my sisters, so I don't upload much, and that I'm playing Mr. Mom while I look for a job. Not to mention that my 70 to 200 mm lens died on me and I haven't been able to send it off yet. But I figured he would say, "See. I told you."

Joe

Chris Kilroy 03-04-2009 02:28 PM

There's always one! :D

Bottom line, the more photos we accept, the better for RP. Though we offer "Elite" memberships, the vast majority of the $$ that keeps the site going is still derived from ad revenue. Since I'm not aware of any accepted photo that's ever received 0 views, every photo acceptance (and associated views that would never happen if it wasn't added) adds a bit to the bottom line which, in this challenging advertising climate and economy, is incredibly important.

Some people will believe what they want though, and there's nothing we can do about it. If we didn't have at least some tooth in nail detractors, I wouldn't think we were doing a good job!

Joe the Photog 03-04-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Kilroy (Post 84431)
Since I'm not aware of any accepted photo that's ever received 0 views....

Well, I have one that is close....
[photoid=270290]
:twisted:

John Ryan 03-04-2009 04:47 PM

The real riot with The Rat was the little back-and-forth on his "TheNSWestSlope" Yahoo Group. Same story, but more blowback. I'm surprised he doesn't ban anyone who disagrees with him.

There's the old saying, "Never wrestle with a pig. You'll just get dirty, and the pig enjoys it."

Freericks 03-04-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog (Post 84434)
Well, I have one that is close....
[photoid=270290]
:twisted:

Man, you keep getting me to click on that! I think five of those 147 are me. ;)

Ween 03-04-2009 07:46 PM

What is it with NS fans? NSditch, The Rat...must be something in the water...

JimThias 03-04-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRoadForeman (Post 84384)
Who cares what this jackbag thinks?! I'll bear mace him if I ever see him!

Dan is going to get a nice warm welcome from me if we ever happen to meet. He'd better hope there isn't a woodshed around.

TheRoadForeman 03-04-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 84476)
Dan is going to get a nice warm welcome from me if we ever happen to meet. He'd better hope there isn't a woodshed around.

Well Jim, where I live, I'm only 2 hrs striking distance from the west slope!