RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rogue cloning? (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18189)

Decapod401 11-20-2018 02:19 AM

Rogue cloning?

I don't like to call out photos, but this one caught my eye and stuck. Look at the wedge-shaped cloned section at the top right. Probably a mistake in processing, but should be corrected.

[photoid=677908]

miningcamper1 11-20-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decapod401 (Post 194957)
I don't like to call out photos, but this one caught my eye and stuck. Look at the wedge-shaped cloned section at the top right. Probably a mistake in processing, but should be corrected.

[photoid=677908]

There's oddness across the top as well. Could this have been shot from inside a car on the road?

When I clone something, I make sure even the sharpest eyes can't spot it! :twisted:

bigbassloyd 11-20-2018 12:33 PM

Looks like it was rotated and rebuilt along the top.

Loyd L.

JimThias 11-20-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

The new fallen snow highlights everything down to the last twig.
Huh?

miningcamper1 11-20-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 194960)
Looks like it was rotated and rebuilt along the top.

Loyd L.

Yeah, that would explain why the clone was necessary. I just spotted where the clone came from.

RobJor 11-20-2018 03:42 PM

A good unintended consequence is he has some pretty cool older stuff that I am looking through, I always like to see what else may have been posted.

Seems this one could have been cropped after rotating rather than trying to fill in. Looking at some things from the early 60's, if they are his, I am willing to give him the senior pass on this one.

Bob Jordan

Joseph Cermak 11-20-2018 04:35 PM

Yeah lots of weirdness going on along the top and the right side, as was said it seems like a rebuilt rotation.

KevinM 11-20-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobJor (Post 194964)
Looking at some things from the early 60's, if they are his, I am willing to give him the senior pass on this one.

Bob Jordan

I totally agree. He's a long-time contributor and I really appreciate the folks who post the older film shots, especially the New England stuff, as I am a New England-er myself.

My suggestion in situations such as this is to send the photographer a PM, letting him know what you are seeing. If he's like most of us, he'll work to get it fixed ASAP. We all miss details from time to time and we all want our stuff to look as good as we can make it. :)

Decapod401 11-20-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinM (Post 194966)
I totally agree. He's a long-time contributor and I really appreciate the folks who post the older film shots, especially the New England stuff, as I am a New England-er myself.

My suggestion in situations such as this is to send the photographer a PM, letting him know what you are seeing. If he's like most of us, he'll work to get it fixed ASAP. We all miss details from time to time and we all want our stuff to look as good as we can make it. :)

Kevin,

I totally agree, and I should not have brought this up for discussion - a lapse in judgment on my part.

bigbassloyd 11-20-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decapod401 (Post 194967)
Kevin,

I totally agree, and I should not have brought this up for discussion - a lapse in judgment on my part.

We can move onto the POTW then.. :D

Loyd L.

RobJor 11-20-2018 06:32 PM

Thought better of it.
Sorry. Bob

Pkwlsn 12-07-2018 10:46 PM

It's not just along the top where there is weird cloning going on. Above the gray box to the left, directly ahead of the locomotive, there is a lot of weird artifacts.