RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Out of RPs ballpark!...foul ball (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8729)

travsirocz 12-08-2008 12:28 AM

Out of RPs ballpark!...foul ball

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...d=614347&key=0

Don't tell me about the obstructions! :smile:

Like or hate? why.

asis80 12-08-2008 12:40 AM

Sorry travis, don't like. Why? For reasons you won't let me tell, lol. I think if you were to find a clearing through the foliage where you could zoom through and get an unobstructed view of the lead, and get some very nice bokeh with the color it could work. Kinda like this:

[photoid=183035]

Ben

milwman 12-08-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travsirocz
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...d=614347&key=0

Don't tell me about the obstructions! :smile:

Like or hate? why.

Don't like it i see obstructions! :D na doesn't work just to far out there. :shock:

John Fladung 12-08-2008 12:44 AM

Nothing personal Travis but it looks like it was a random grab shot. Looks too hurried in my opinion. It also looks to be buried by vegetation which isn't something I care for.

Mgoldman 12-08-2008 12:54 AM

I'm with Ben. Great idea but you need a focus point that is unobstructed.

/Mitch

bigbassloyd 12-08-2008 01:01 AM

panning brush just isn't my cup o tea :)

Loyd L.

travsirocz 12-08-2008 01:19 AM

Little too brushy, I agree. I am going for the pan/pace shot that the train is clear even though it was shot through obstructons. I liked the pace idea of the lead unit turning through the curve with rest of the train going back.

Some of my inspiration.
[photoid=166130]

Joe the Photog 12-08-2008 02:53 AM

I like the idea and I think the shot turned out real interesting. For RP, I get the rejection. But the shot still interests me.

Joe

Mike B. 12-08-2008 03:06 AM

I hope you're f****** kidding.

Joe the Photog 12-08-2008 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike B.

Why do you care what someone else thinks of a shot that isn't yours?

Joe

Mike B. 12-08-2008 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog
Why do you care what someone else thinks of a shot that isn't yours?

Joe

I wasn't talking to you.

Joe the Photog 12-08-2008 03:12 AM

Quote:

I wasn't talking to you.

Whew. That's the best thing I've read all night.

:lol:

John Fladung 12-08-2008 03:21 AM

Quote:

Maybe Travis posted this knowing it would be rejected just to get a reaction like this out of Mike???
:grin:

Christopher Muller 12-08-2008 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Fladung
Maybe Travis posted this knowing it would be rejected just to get a reaction like this out of Mike???
:grin:

He wasn't talking to you.

John Fladung 12-08-2008 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher Muller
He wasn't talking to you.

Wow. Was that called for?

:evil:

Christopher Muller 12-08-2008 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Fladung
Wow. Was that called for?

:evil:

Is anything called for? Sometimes these one-liners are rather entertaining... but overall are just annoying.

Ween 12-08-2008 03:38 AM

**** *. ********* ** ** * ***** f****** *****.

John Fladung 12-08-2008 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ween

I'd like to buy a vowel?

Christopher Muller 12-08-2008 03:46 AM

Quote:

You know ********ing ***hol*** m*****t**k**r, you know, ***reject. *Go**d** ***I* a***m***

Christopher Muller 12-08-2008 03:48 AM

Quote:

I think it is too cold in the RRV and to the east...

JRMDC 12-08-2008 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travsirocz
Don't tell me about the obstructions!

Sure. And let's not consider the voting record of a politician running for office.

Too obstructed, but especially at the trucks, making it look like just the hoods are being pushed through a jungle somehow. And much of the obstructions are just plain ugly.

The foliage doesn't frame, it covers. We are not being allowed a peek, we are straining to see.

MichaelJ 12-08-2008 09:07 AM

I do not normally mind a bit of foreground clutter, but in this case there's just too much shit in the way. You need to invest in one of those chainsaws we've spoken about recently.

John Craft 12-08-2008 11:19 AM

Well, as you know, I have become deeply concerned about the rules of railfan photography. I am delighted to announce that, after much searching over the weekend, I have found them.

Quote:

ARTHUR: Bring Up the Holy Railfan Camera of CaNikon! . . . Err, how does it work?

BROTHER MAYNARD: Railfan Photography, Chapter Two, Verses Nine to Twenty One.

ANOTHER MONK (reading): And St. Michael raised his Camera up on high, saying, "O Lord bless this thy Holy Railfan Camera, that with it thou mayest document authentic representations of scenes following thy Holy Rules of Railfan Photography." And the Lord did grin and railfans did count upon the louvers and doors and fill necks and pneumatic hoses and trailing units and battery boxes and . . .

BROTHER MAYNARD: Err, skip a bit brother ...

ANOTHER MONK: ... Er ... oh, yes ... and the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take off the Holy Lens Cap, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number of exposures thou shalt shoot, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.

Five is right out.

Once the number three, being the third exposure, be reached, then puttest away thou thy Holy Railfan Camera of CaNikon. If thou dost not, or if thou gets all artsy-fartsy and "non-documentational," then I, the Lord, will consider thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

BROTHER MAYNARD: Amen.
I do not think this view follows the rules.

travsirocz 12-08-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRMDC
Sure. And let's not consider the voting record of a politician running for office.

Too obstructed, but especially at the trucks, making it look like just the hoods are being pushed through a jungle somehow. And much of the obstructions are just plain ugly.

The foliage doesn't frame, it covers. We are not being allowed a peek, we are straining to see.

I should have been clearer. I was seeing what people thought of the concept of a left to right pace or pan shot whith some of the train moving back to front. I also like the idea of shooting thru stuff where the pace shot still leaves the subject clear. I know there is to much brush and also the lower part of the photo cuts off the train so besides that (if that was missing) I was wondering what you thought. I just didn't want a bunch of replies stating the obvious.

milwman 12-08-2008 12:58 PM

If it was a clean shot i would like it.